||Browsing: 15 minutes Reporting: 25 minutes (500-1500 words)
- To find out how the European Commission uses public opinion surveys.
- To familiarize yourself with the press release website of the European Commission.
||The European Commission regularly conducts public opinion surveys using its Eurobarometer infrastructure. In this exercise, you will find out how these surveys reappear in statements of the Commission makes about EU policies in its press releases.
- Go to the European Commission Press Corner.
- In the search field, enter ‘Survey’ and/or ‘Eurobarometer’.
- Select a Commission press release in which reference is made to the Eurobarometer or other surveys in connection with policies and/or results of a public opinion survey are reported (in most cases this is a Eurobarometer survey). Make sure to find an item where there is more than just reporting results and clear links are made with policies. Please provide relevant quotation that proves this.
© All exercises copyright Herman Lelieveldt and Sebastiaan Princen 2022
Cambridge University Press