||Browsing: 30 minutes Reporting: 30 minutes
- To get a better feel for the functions and tasks of the European Council and Council by looking at their recent activities
- To locate relevant documents on recent activities of the European Council and Council.
||Chapter 3 has given a general outline of the tasks and functions of the European Council and Council. In this exercise you will look up some recent conclusions from meetings of these two institutions to get a better feel for their respective roles in EU politics.
- Read the conclusions and identify examples of the different roles of the European Council and Council as they are outlined in chapter 3 of the book.
- Does your review of the conclusions correspond to what the book has said about these different roles?
- Are there any things in the conclusions that for some reason surprised you? Explain your answer.