||Browsing: 20 minutes Reporting: 25 minutes
- To find out to what extent decision making in comitology committees is technical or may be politicized.
- To learn to work with the comitology register on the internet.
||The comitology system forms an integral part of the implementation phase of EU policymaking. You will take a closer look at the activities of these committees by browsing the Comitology website.
- Access the comitology register of the European Commission
- Click on the tab ‘’search for documents’’ and choose the option ‘’committee’’
- Under the heading ‘’service responsible’’ you can choose a specific policy area in which a certain committee operates
- Search for a summary report of a particular committee meeting and answer the following questions:
- Give a brief summary of the topics that were discussed during that meeting.
- Were any decisions taken during the meeting? If so were they purely technical decisions, or do you think that they are to some extent political in character?